iPad Air 1 Start + Select buttons not mapping with DS3?

I installed retroarch on my iPad Air and the games run fine, all the buttons map except Start, Select, L3, and R3 (L3/R3 aren’t a big deal for psx games.)

I am using Controller for All (with the BTStacks included) with the PS3 controller option switched.

I press the ps button when retroarch loads and all but the above works after mapping. I have even tried the 2 ds3 options in the input option but one is not responsive and the other has the controller out of wack.

Any one able to help?

iOS 8.1.2 Jailbreak.

Controllers for All adapts other controllers to act as iOS native game controllers. Start and Select won’t work with because they are special function keys and are reserved. L3 and R3 don’t exist on official iOS game controllers, so Controllers for All doesn’t recognise them. They will work if you use RetroArch’s native BTStack feature instead of Controllers for All.

i disabled controllers 4 all and had BTStack in the settings menu as the BTStack instead of iOS checked.

I tried to connect my ps3 controller but I don’t even get the push notification about searching for a controller/never connects.

Even after switching ps3 controller in the input settings.

I’m sure i’m probably doing something wrong but if you perhaps have a list of things i should check or switch on/off, i would greatly appreciate it! :slight_smile:

RetroArch’a native BTStack implementation only supports original Dual Shock 3 controllers. Third-party PS3 controllers won’t connect for some reason. When you start the app, the BTStack icon should appear in your status bar (no notifications will appear, unlike Controllers for All). This is an indication that RetroArch is searching for controllers. You can press the Ps button at this point to connect.