iPad mini 2 framedrop issue

I posted about this issue a while back but I just just wanted to see if anybody else was experiencing this now that the IOS build is improving and is getting to more people. I’m having sporadic but predictable frame drops in games running in Snes9x next and Snes9x. The two main games that I use to test it are Final Fantasy 6 and Super Mario RPG. In the intro to both games I see the framerate drop from 60 fps to 58 fps and even to around 52 fps at times. I’ve tried different configurations thinking it may be a timing or sync issue still with no luck. CATSFC seems to run ok but i’m sure there are drawbacks to using that such as more speedhacks, etc. I also have an iPad 3 running IOS 8.4 and it seems to run them at a solid 60 fps with Snes9x Next. I’m currently running IOS 9 on the mini 2 but I also tested it when I was running IOS 8.4 with taig. PCSXRearmed also displayed frame drops on the mini when I was on IOS 8.4 even when running with dynarec. The frame drops also appeared when running Snes9x EX+ but would vanish for about 2-3 seconds by going to the menu and then straight back to the game. This makes me think it could be that the iPad mini 2 has some aggressive or strange CPU throttling going on and possibly may not have a solution. Just wanted to gets some thoughts, or put it out there if anybody knows a solution.