iPad Mini 2 Snes9x framedrop issue

Hardware: iPad Mini 2 jailbroken with Taig on IOS 8.4

I’ve been experiencing a frame dropping issue using the latest nightly IOS build from 6-29-2015 using Snes9x Next and Snes9x during certain games such as Final Fantasy 6 and Super Mario RPG. It will drop from 60fps to around 58fps at times during the games. The device seems plenty capable of running these games at full speed considering I get 150+ fps if I turn off audio sync and vsync and considering my iPad 3 with the same software runs them at close to full speed there must be something else going on. It happens randomly during the beginning area of Final Fantasy 6 and during the intro scene for Super Mario RPG and I’m sure at other places. I’ve tried changing many settings related to audio and video to see if it helps but it doesn’t really and I’ve also tried older stable Retroarch versions, same issue. Turning on threaded video cuts down on the audio crackling but the dropped frames are still apparent and that’s a last resort for me. I’ve tested many other android devices with Retroarch and this doesn’t happen, so I assume it’s something IOS related. Has anybody had any similar experiences?

Remember. You’re using a nightly! :c

… might want to wait until iOS is released as a stable platform. ;x