Is Android Being Neglected

mame2010,mame2014,cap32 dont compile. mame2003 runs taito f3 games in setup mode(works on ios). stonesoup,lutro havent been ported. yabause dynarec dosent work. reicast hasent been ported to 32bit platforms. (pc included)

Has android been abandoned or does no one else care anymore?

Since the main goal of this project is universal compatibility why isnt making all platforms fully compatible top priority over things like indexing every game ever made and hoarding box-arts for them.

(I know this is kind of harsh but it seems true.)

Everyone is always so dramatic. No, it’s not abandoned. It’s a volunteer project and no one has felt like working on Android stuff lately but nothing is stopping you (the royal ‘you’, not necessarily you specifically) from fixing compiler errors, etc.

As for yabause dynarec, it doesn’t work anywhere (i.e. not just Android) because it’s not PIC-compatible. That is, it can’t work inside of a dynamic library, which all libretro cores are. There are a few things we’ve considered to correct that but none of them are very high priorities (well, one of them is but it’s not mature yet). We’re also waiting to see how Ryphecha’s new Saturn emu shapes up before putting too much more effort into yabause. Likewise, the Reicast 32-bit thing isn’t indicative of any abandonment of Android.

As for priorities, the database and boxart stuff isn’t taking development time away from things you may think are more important. They’re being worked on by other volunteers. But, even if they were taking dev time, it’s not up to you to decide how anyone else spends their freely donated time, so please keep those kinds of comments to yourself.

I have nothing against the users working on boxarts or the collection itself ,I just thought it was out of place as part of retro arch and interfering with development because people switched focus to it.

What about stonesoup and lutro is there anything specific that is preventing it from working on android I could fix.

Dunno, but probably just the lack of a JNI makefile, maybe some compiler errors.

You can use MAME 2010 and 2014 on android: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5662