Is Android Bluetooth too slow for serious gaming?

I’m setting up an Android box and I’ve begun to notice a trend across other Android devices I use. It seems like Bluetooth on android tends to miss button presses in technical games. Attempting to throw fireballs in Street Fighter games via bluetooth on android is ridiculously inconsistent. It seems like when you make quarter circle and half circle motions that parts of the input are often missed.

Out of interest, I plugged a 2.4ghz wireless controller into the same Android box and the input is smooth and fireballs are easy. The bluetooth controller works great wired too.

I’ve tried messing with Retroarch’s duty cycle but it had no effect. I’m beginning to stare at Bluetooth itself being the culprit. Can anyone shed some light?

Please get an Nvidia Shield TV. (=

I haven’t seen conclusive tests across Android systems and versions. However, I found the wired controllers superior to any wireless controller (bluetooth and 2.4ghz). Presumably, this can also be verified by comparing the wireless controller or a bluetooth keyboard to the touchscreen controller overlay.

I have found the Moga bluetooth controller in HID mode to work acceptably, but haven’t tested it in games that are very sensitive to the input lag.

I bought an Ipega PG-9023 bluetooth controller to play with my OnePlus One phone, and I could feel the lag, so I bought a GPD XD console instead. Much better !