Is it Possible to Add Scanline on a CRT Monitor

Hello everyone

I use Retroarch with CRT Switch on a Sony KV29-CS60B. This TV is a 100HZ, so I have a scanlines problem with vertical resolutions (224 for example)

So I created several “scanline” files that I send with retroarch overlays to do tests.

I created a picture of 224x224 a line of 2 in black => scanlines visible but far too thick

I created an image of 448x448 a line of 2 in black => to my surprise I do not see the scanlines, I think this is the TV that does not handle the 240p well and upscale at 480i or 480p.

I had an idea since it’s a TV 100HZ, I told myself why not use the option “Black Frame Insertion” and my scanlines have appeared, I have a great picture but the speed of play is divided by two.

I try to divide my refresh rate in the config of Retroarch, it works I can use the option “Black Frame Insertion” with a normal game speed but the scanlines are no longer visible

Is there a way to “force” scanlines on TV CRT other than CRT PVM / BVM

I leave some pictures if it can help

Thank you, and sorry for my bad English

I hope you’ll understand what I’m trying to say

Without BlackFrame Insertion ( overlay scanline active )

Witch BlackFrame Insertion Active

The scanlines should show with BFI even without an overlay, since each individual frame should have scanlines, it’s just alternating back and forth which lines are visible.

I don’t know of any way to keep full speed but still show 240p-style scanlines on a 480i signal.

Sorry, but what is BFI ?

black frame insertion

Maybe it’s the 100HZ problem

I give a try with Flicker shader (cg shader to have parameter) and scanlines appears when I decrease the flicker value about 0.60 and below