Is it possible to ignore a wireless controller while using dinput?

I’v been lurking for a few weeks while I set up retroarch with hyperspin. I really enjoy the crt and lcd shaders, and the forums have been very helpful in getting everything set up. I’m using a variety of controllers and adapters to use as many original controllers as I can, and due to the generic drivers that they use, I haven’t been able to use autoconfig. I have all set up using manual per core configuration, in which all controllers are active, but the first two are pushed to 1 and 2 for the core that they are meant to be used for (otherwise I can’t see them listed under USB Device Index). This works great. The problem is, I use a 360 controller to manage Kodi and Hyperspin. I believe this is default windows behavior: when turned on, the controller is automatically the first device listed. When turned off, the 2nd device moves forward. Since I am launching the games with the 360 controller, I set up the core config files up assuming that the 360 controller is set up as device 0, and I map it as the last device to keep it from messing anything else up. Problem is, when it turns off, all the key bindings move forward, and input is lost until I turn it on again.

It looks like at this time, I have two options to fix this: either use the plug and play adapter to keep it on (kind of defeating the purpose of using it with the TV to control the media center), or abandon the 360 controller and perhaps use a simple remote adapter that doesnt use dinput or xinput.

I believe that the hot-plugging that retroarch allows being disabled might fix this. Is there a way to do that? Or perhaps a way to ignore the device and not have it listed?

I can’t be the first person to have this issue, 360 controllers are often used to control Kodi - and many people use mayflash or similar adapter to use original controllers - there has to be some crossover. Perhaps there is a novel solution I am missing?

My current setup is a nightly from 8-29-15 on windows 10 64bit Per core configs controller driver is set to dinput

Thanks!

Actually I thought of this too, on android we now map controllers when a button is pressed and I’ve propossed this as an enhancement but I don’t know how to implement it yet.

Alight, well for now it looks like I will be keeping it plugged in. I’ll post again if I figure something out. Thanks.