Is Mess2014 core is up to date?

Hi, I would like to knows if the mess2014 core on android shield tv is enough up to date in order to emulate the old device like gx4000, astrocade, etc … . I would to keep all my mame settings, remap, with mame core without mixing with the old devices. Is someone has good experience with this core ? Thanks regards

The year after the name means it was forked from that date. So, no, MESS2014 is 4 years behind modern MAME/MESS.

OK thanks, I will have to use config per game for each device using the mame core. regards

U can use mess for many of those systems with no issues…the main issue is keyboard mapping as I have yet to find a keyboard that is fully compatible with retroarch android…all the keyboards I’ve tried show up a a joypad so keys dont work as actual letters

Ah ok thanks I will try Thanks for your confirmation

Yeah, I can run all these systems on mess2014. Astrocade, cd-I, GX4000, Adventurevision, Superacan, Neo Geo CD (yeah!) and A LOT of systems do work. It will give A LOT of work for you, but if you get the .xml, bioses and romsets from the right version (.151 fits right), it will work.

Look for mame 0.151 [redacted] on the google. You may need some reading in order to make it work.

And shield TV will run it fine, my Moto Z2 Force runs all systems perfectly.

[edited to remove reference to ROM hosting site]

ok thanks for your reports, I will test it again. I have all the stuff according mame xml naming convention. (hypersin android) thanks