Is my iPad 4 able to play Super Mario 64?

So with RA 1.2 coming out, i am curious if my iPad 4 would be compatabile playing Super Mario 64 and other N64 games, as I’d like to know first before i install RA 1.2 and find out compatability had been changed.

Also, could someone make like a Retro Arch Compatibility wiki?

Mmm, yes. it will work perfectly. Also you can use nightlybuilds to find it out, if you want to test it yourself. Im sure lot of games work. Some of them are, ConkerBadFurDay; Mario Party 1,2 & 3. Donkey Kong 64; Super Mario 64 those are the ones i tried out and worked.

An iPad 4 has a 1,4Ghz 32bit Processor. Should run Mario perfectly… even Zelda.

The only obstacle is long draw distances… that is when it might lag.

Damn, i forgot that iPad 4 has a 32bit chip.

so what? xD

Either way, ur ipad 4 will run n64 games just fine… My ipad mini (1st gen A5 device) runs mario 64 at full speed on retroarch 1.0.0.2 with the old and latest core using dynarec.

Though I feel like the mupen core, especially the gpu plugins, are a bit erratic on ios. e.g. In mario i cant see where im aiming when i climb into a cannon, because the alphatest barrelview isn’t rendered properly, but only as a black screen. No problem on pc or android.

Apparently 32bit is more powerful than 64bit, when it comes to RetroArch because RetroArch itself is a 32bit app. When you have a 64bit chip, it needs to use something called an ‘Interpreter’ which apparently chews more battery and makes the processor work harder.

Makes me wish I had an iPhone 5 now.

Thanks for the help fellas, appreciate it, we need smilies lol

NO… NOOO… down to the depths with your emoticons! ;U

[QUOTE=Darnassus;26047]Apparently 32bit is more powerful than 64bit, when it comes to RetroArch because RetroArch itself is a 32bit app. When you have a 64bit chip, it needs to use something called an ‘Interpreter’ which apparently chews more battery and makes the processor work harder.

Makes me wish I had an iPhone 5 now.[/QUOTE]

I dint think thats how it works. 64 bit chips are generally compatible with native 32bit code. Only if u where to use a 64bit retroarch would you habe some trouble with most cores, as the cores themselves are 32 bit, especially the dynamic recompiler part. So u would have to run those cores in pure interpreter or cached interpreter to make thwm work in a 64bit app environment. Or so I understand it.

if U install the normal retroarch on ur 5s it should run in 32bit and you should be abl to use dynarec without a hitch in all cores. At least I think, why dont you just go ahead and tr it?

[QUOTE=Darnassus;26055]NO… NOOO… down to the depths with your emoticons! ;U[/QUOTE]Hypocrite :stuck_out_tongue:

Noooo Dx

This is a smiley! Not an ‘Emoticon’!

[QUOTE=Dixxhead;26070]I dint think thats how it works. 64 bit chips are generally compatible with native 32bit code. Only if u where to use a 64bit retroarch would you habe some trouble with most cores, as the cores themselves are 32 bit, especially the dynamic recompiler part. So u would have to run those cores in pure interpreter or cached interpreter to make thwm work in a 64bit app environment. Or so I understand it.

if U install the normal retroarch on ur 5s it should run in 32bit and you should be abl to use dynarec without a hitch in all cores. At least I think, why dont you just go ahead and tr it?[/QUOTE]

I already am and it seems my battery sucks. ;d

[QUOTE=Darnassus;26082]Noooo Dx

This is a smiley! Not an ‘Emoticon’![/QUOTE]Haha still the same bruther :wink: