Is RA doing something weird to brightness/black level?

I was using a really old version of RA and just updated to the most recent stable version. Either I’m going crazy (a distinct possibility), or RA is doing something funky to the brightness on my display; it’s like local dimming isn’t working at all anymore and I’m getting terrible backlight bleed. Were any changes made that might affect brightness/black level? It’s also possible that it’s just time to replace this monitor.

I don’t know of any changes that would cause that, no, but I suppose it’s possible.

Seems like it’s definitely doing …something different. Now I have horrible backlight bleed which casts a weird haze over everything, almost like local dimming just isn’t working at all, but on the plus side, TN panel inversion artifacts are now MUCH less noticeable when I set mask strength to 100%… so that’s cool, at least.

Kinda seems like there’s some weirdness going on with my driver… oh well, I’ll be upgrading to a new display soon, anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have the old installation backed up anywhere? Have you tried any other video drivers?

Unfortunately, I nuked the old stuff when I re-installed, so we may never solve this mystery. :sweat_smile: I’m going to try playing around with the drivers this evening.

1 Like