Is the android dedicated input port still in the works?

Hi,

I saw this on a controller config:

This controller is intended for menu navigation only

it will work fine with an upcoming version that will bind remotes

and other general purpose I/O devices to a dedicated input port

I’m having some issues with the FireTV remote and my gamepad SNES30 which I think the dedicated input port would solve. I would like to use the remote buttons to save/load state, fast-forward, etc. Currently i’ll start a game with the gamepad, use the remote fast-forward (mapped to fast forward toggle), and as soon as I use the gamepad again it wouldn’t work. I’m not sure if the mapping goes all out of whack or if it assigns the gamepad to a different user. I can get back to the menu, change user 1 input back to the gamepad, but when I get back to the game, the remote won’t work.

I guess if the remote can be treated like a keyboard like retroarch does on a pc, I can map the buttons hotkeys without it trying to take the mapping from the game.

If there’s anyway right now to use the gamepad and use the remote just for input hotkey binds, let me now. Or a way to use two pads for user1, i’ll try that too. Thanks in advance.

edit: got a reply from reddit that the dedicated input thing above didn’t happen :frowning: