Is the Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 used?

Hi,

I’m looking to do some updates on my ipad so some of my apps will work again, which would mean un jailbreaking,so I was looking at getting a new device for retroarch.

As I haven’t seen any new threads in almost a year (via search), I wanted to ask.

Is anybody using the Shield Tablet K1? Is this a device that had potential but has fallen through the cracks? If the shield tablet is subpar or not working, are there any recommended, budget wise, devices one could use? I’m hoping to have a screen larger than a phone

Any info would be great,

Thanks, Aeludor

Oh ya? I’ll have to look into that. Is there a noticeable delay or is it pretty seamless?

I’ve been using it with Mupen64plus for Android and I notice no lag at all. I’ve also been using other 8bitdo gamepads like NES30 Pro, FC30 Pro and SFC30, on MD.emu, Retroarch, SNES9x, NES.emu, NEO.emu, epsxe and PPSSPP, and I only noticed lag on PSP’s Patapon games, although it seems a problem with the emulator itself, not the pad.

I’m an 8bitdo fan. Their products are amazing for retro gaming. I’m so looking forward for a Sega Genesis 6 button gamepad made by them :slight_smile:

Oh, and if you noticed any lag, these gamepads can also be connected through USB :wink:

Thanks for the info. I managed to find retailer a couple blocks from my house that carries them. Looking forward to trying it out.