Is there a good lightweight libretro frontend?

RetroArch is big and it has too many features that I will never use. I comes with many databases for specific games and I don’t need it. The RetroArch package is bigger than the package that contains the cores.

For that reason, I need a lightweight frontend for PC and Android. I had an old version of RetroArch (1.1 or 1.2) for Android and I avoided the updates, but I don’t have the old apk anymore.

I don’t mean a minimalist command line tool. I need a GUI to load games and change the settings that an ordinary stand-alone emulator has. I love how PPSSPP works.

Actually, I prefer stand-alone emulators (Snes9X, VBA), but Genesis Plus doesn’t have a GUI. And RetroArch is the best option for Android because I have problems with resolution and virtual gamepad on most stand-alone emulators.

1 Like

If you are looking for a minimalist Retroarch front-end that can change Retroarch settings, I think you are out of luck.

If you are looking for an Android Front-end that plays nice with Retroarch… I use ARC Browser. Many users have good things to say about DIG but I find it unresponsive and difficult to use.

It also plays nicely with many stand-alone emulators. :grin:

You might check out Lemuroid. I haven’t personally used it, but it looks nice.

1 Like

I would say to check out Ludo/ Ludo OS. It’s been a while since I have used it but it is a minimalist frontend only available for Windows, Mac & Linux at the moment.

1 Like