Is there a MAME 0.215 core for libretro

Yes I did hit “scan”, surprisingly enough it doesn’t match any of the files pictured in the folder.

I don’t get what you are doing wrong…

Here’s mine after i hit “scan”

You can see the results. Some roms aren’t found (very few) and a few more have wrong names. That’s about 30 roms that aren’t found in total. The rest are all “100”. Then i just remove the few ones with the wrong names and press Run to get my isolated roms.

I don’t see anything in your picture that indicates something wrong. Maybe, dunno, the extensions? You chose zip and removed all the others. Maybe your roms are 7z and not zip? I’m just trying to find something. Maybe you could tell windows to show your extensions?

Edit: I see you deleted the preferred words. Try doing it again but leave everything as defaults, don’t change anything. Just give it the correct paths and hit scan. It should take some time to finish, it may appear that it doesn’t respond for 30 minutes or so because it’s a lot of roms to scan.

You’ve got it, it was the “preferred words”. For some reason the first time I ran the app all fields were blank, then I only restarted the app after you mentioned it and the default options populated back in. Does this copy operation also include all the necessary BIOS files that were in the original folder cause I noticed some 3do… files left behind in the source folder after I finished the process.

[EDIT] it seems some bioses were left behind to had to manually copy them as I discovered.

you can download a bios pack and put all the files in along with your roms.

Right, do the bios files also change a lot? For the instance I could only find old packs online containing qsound.zip whereas the latest file is qsound_hle.zip. Some pack also lack non obvious bios files such as tms32031, these are all contained within the latest romset I downloaded, it’s just the hasle to determine what is a bios and what is not so I can manually copy over to the filtered out rom list generated by hyperspin.

They change, yes. It would be best to find a bios romset close to yours, ideally the same version.