Is there a way to force a certain autoconfig to load for a controller?

Hey all,

I was wondering if this was something that could be done. I have a Mayflash N64 USB adapter that I use to play my N64 games. On Windows, this adapter is detected and the right autoconfig, Mayflash_N64_USB_Adapter_Rev2.cfg, is loaded up and I can play my games just fine.

However, I have a PC in my living room that is running Ubuntu 20.04. I run parsec on it to connect to my gaming PC. When I load up Retroarch, the Dualshock 4 PS4 configurations get loaded up instead, which maps my controller in a whonky way.

I am wondering if there is a way through Retroarch to force the Mayflash_N64_USB_Adapter_Rev2.cfg to load up instead? I think this would potentially fix my issues instead of having to manually rebind the keys for the N64 Controller.

Please let me know,

Thanks!

I believe the issue is that Parsec exposes a virtual gamepad rather than the actual gamepad, and it seems that this virtual gamepad is reporting itself as a PS4 pad.

If you don’t need to connect any PS4 pads, you could delete the autoconfig profile that it’s using and then make a new profile using your N64 bindings and it should load that one instead whenever parsec connects.

Can I simply rename the PS4 Profile? I would like to run PS1 games on it and use a PS4 controller if possible through it. Or can I move it out of the folder temporarily, have it load the new profile, and then place it back in without any issues?

Sure. Moving it out should do it, I think.