Is there a way to make Windows 98 detect Pentium 3 or AMD athlon?

I have installed Windows 98 second edition in dosbox within RetroArch on an iPhone, it runs at 70 MHz, cycles higher than that start to slow down Windows 98 emulation.

In emulated performance, the “max” option provides a maximum performance of 70 MHz, I try the other options higher than 486DX2 (66 mhz) but it starts to slow down the Windows 98 emulation.

I tried to modify the dosbox-pure.opt configuration file but retroarch could not detect the changes.

I tried using the dosbox.conf file but I get the same results as changing the emulated performance options.

Is it possible to increase CPU cycles up to 500 MHz without slowing down?

This has been discussed several times, iphone does not support JIT, so you are not going to have maximum speed.

Also, DOSBox fully emulates a Pentium 1, the others are only partial or speed hacks. Because you don’t need it, their focus is DOS, a P-I is more than enough. Now with Windows implementations, it is necessary to have better processor support.

Anyway, as with any emulator/virtualized, to emulate a 500 Mhz processor you need a powerful PC, I doubt very much that a mobile device can emulate well so much power.

A word of advice, if you want to improve speed use older Windows, as long as the game supports it. w95 is much faster, w3.1 flies in comparison.