Is there a way to toggle "vrr_runloop_enable" with a hot key?

I have 2 monitors, one is 240hz freesync and the other is a regular 60hz TV. I switch between them pretty often. The problem is that the vrr_runloop option needs to be different for each. It needs to be enabled on the freesync monitor and disabled on the TV, otherwise i’m getting frame pacing issues. So every time i switch monitors i have to change this option.

It would be nice to be able to just press a single key on the keyboard to toggle it on or off.

Not possible at the moment, no, and I wouldn’t expect it to be in very high demand. However, you can just make a launch script that appends a config fragment to either enable or disable it and then just click on the one you want depending on which monitor you’re using.

1 Like

Could you maybe help me a bit with this? Would a ,bat work? How would you do it?

Yeah, make a bat file that’s something like this:

retroarch.exe --verbose -c retroarch.cfg --appendconfig vrr.cfg

and then the ‘vrr.cfg’ would contain that one line.

Ok thanks. At least i can use this trick when i’m on my desktop.

Do you think there is a chance this will be fixed some time in the near future?

Pretty sure a lot of people use dual screen setups and not all have the same refresh rates. I bet a lot of people end up having micro-stutters on one of the screens but not caring because not everyone is sensitive to such issue. But that doesn’t mean RetroArch is optimal this way.

I asked for a hotkey option to toggle the option but maybe it would be better to just automatically enable the option if RetroArch detects that the screen is higher than 60hz? I don’t know of any scenario where you want this disabled if your screen is higher than 60hz or enabled if it’s 60hz.

1 Like