Is there an option to update all local cores?

Forgive me if there already is an option for this (in plain sight) but if not then this would be definitely a feature that I’d appreciate.

Currently whenever I want to update my cores I have to go back and forth between the “Load Core” and “Online Updater -> Core Updater” to check which cores I have installed to get a newer version. It doesn’t even have to be a separate option that updates all the currently installed cores, I’d already appreciate it if there was just a mark in the “Online Updater -> Core Updater” for each core that I have installed (like an asterix or something like that).

Another minor thing is the fact that there is no indication of whether the core that you just downloaded/updated is actually an a different version from the one that you already had (unless the version in the core itself changed but thats rarely the case for nightly builds). Since they’re all obtained from the same source perhaps the last modified date can be compared (to give an indication how recent the nightly build is compared to the local one), or the hashes of the local/online core could be compared (to give an indication that a different version was installed)?

You don’t have to load the core to update it.

I know, I just meant that I have to look up the name for each core in the “Load Core” list (since there is afaik no other way in the interface to list all the cores that you have currently installed) to know which cores I have to select from the “Online Updater -> Core Updater” list (which lists all cores that are available online).

Well there’s no Update All function in RetroArch but there are a couple Windows app floating around that can do that I think. RetroInvader and the one by wyzrd.

You can try wyzrd’s updater utility: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6726

I see. Well again, I’d very much appreciate a feature like that in the main program (even if its just a little mark next to the installed cores in the update list), without having to rely on third party tools.

Until then I’ll just do it manually, thanks for the info.