Is there an original xbox core

hey newb here i was wondering if there was a core for the original xbox i still have some old xbox game disks and would love to play them so i was wondering if you guys had a core and if you did what it’s name is and if you can play the game disks or if that wasnt allowed i know you guys don’t condone roms for copyright reasons but what about physical copies. any info would be highly appreciated

No, there are no OG Xbox cores. I don’t think any of the existing standalone emulators for that system are particularly usable yet.

We don’t have any way to access physical disks, either.

Unfortunately the state of XBOX emulation is more-or-less non-existent. The biggest reason being that that is relatively little interest in emulating that system from the people with the know-how to do so.

There’s a misconception that you can play everything from XBOX on either PS2/GC and/or PC.

I’ve done the math on this personally, and there are over 160 games that were not available on PS2/GC in any fashion, and only a minority of that 160 is available on PC.

Even within those, a good deal of them are nearly unplayable on Windows 10.

I recommend to anyone who identifies as an XBOX fan, regarding emulation, to bring up the desire to have that console preserved in the same fashion as the rest from that era.

There are over 100 games that you can’t play on any other platform. (This doesn’t take into account the Backwards Compatibility on X360 and X1, nor any remasters to hit later systems.)

TL;DR = No XBOX emulator really, but please express your desire for one within the community whenever possible. The demand must be there, for the interest to be high enough for an emulator to be created.