Is there any way to auto-load a different shader for each core?

Just a quick one: I want to automatically load a different shader depending on what core is in use (crt-hyllian for consoles, lcd shader for handhelds). Is there any way I can configure this? Alternatively, is there any way I can use per-core configs and auto load that when I open a core? I’d rather not do this option as I’m guessing I’d have to remap all my controls every time I made a new config. Thanks for any help!

yeah there are two alternatives, core specific configs and overrides You can read about the later in my blog http://blog.andressm.org/new-retroarch-features-2/

No, we don’t have multi input for a single player The best bet for that would be to use autoconfig profiles and just connect the pad that you want to use.

[QUOTE=Radius;26839]No, we don’t have multi input for a single player The best bet for that would be to use autoconfig profiles and just connect the pad that you want to use.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again. One more thing (and sorry for all the questions, I keep finding new things the more I use the program) is I have a dump of Radiant Historia on the DS which won’t show up with all my other DS games after scanning the folder (bad/unknown dump?), and also some ROM hacks for the NES. Is there any way I can have these on the menu with all my other scanned games? Or will I have to load them manually when I want to play?

Question post of today to answer post of today.

Thanks I’ll see if I can work with that.

This is less of a question and more of a problem: my 360 controller’s left analogue stick has an inverted Y axis (up is down and vice versa). No clue what’s causing that, and sometimes it fixes itself. The A and B buttons also frequently swap functions (I think depending on which core I have open?) Anyway, I’m not sure how to fix it. It’s especially annoying in menu when I have to use the 360’s crap D-Pad.

Strange, that happened once to me because I had some old config files made by the per-core config option. See if you don’t have some left in the config folder and delete those before starting anew (if you want to use per-core).

But it should be possible to use a different pad for different cores. I think I had 2 pads connected at one point and using per-core configs, I assigned the pad 2 to player 1 (Settings->Input->User 1 device Index), then configured it manually (a snes mockup pad in direct input).

If per-core is a bit too much of a mess you can do your things, then copy the lines about your input from retroarch.cfg into a new override file, return to your original xbox auto config after that.

Need a bit of practice and testing.

I’ll try this, then I should be able to set the default to the SNES controller and have overrides for the 360 if I’m thinking correctly. Thanks again!