Is there any way to disable the input related OSD text when a game is loaded?

Every time I start a game, a long sequence of OSD text appears each reading something like “XYZ Gamepad configured of port #1”. Because my setup includes at minimum four gamepads there’s a lot of these messages, and it’s gotten pretty annoying.

Is there any way to disable that text, but not disable the on screen display altogether? I want the OSD around for pretty much everything else, though especially for when I do something relating to save states like changing the slot. I just don’t want it yammering on about what’s configured on what port.

No, it’s all or nothing unless you want to disable autoconfiguration altogether.

That’s too bad. I think a nice feature of RetroArch would be the ability to disable certain on screen messages that you don’t want for a cleaner emulation experience. But of course this is just a cosmetic thing – I make no claims about it being a critical feature or anything like that.

I ended up disabling autoconfiguration as I don’t need it with my particular setup.

An option to disable startup OSD messages would be cool. I have autoconfig off, but still see “Configuration override loaded” for every game since I have overrides for every core.