Is this a bgr tv?

i wanna know because i think it has been too much of a coincidence that this is my second bgr tv

Unfortunately, it’s really hard to tell from that photo.

1 Like

It’s really hard to tell from photos, in general. BGR is extremely common in TVs, though. The vast majority of LCD/LED TVs are BGR, in fact.

2 Likes

Yes, green is very bright, would be visible if it was next to red.

2 Likes

so if it is bgr, why do i still see magenta when changing the switch to bgr in crt presets?

Because you should use RGB instead I guess. Depends on what the code does.

even some presets that were meant for bgr look weird in my screen is quite strange

Probably presets are using bgr pattern which is meant for rgb screens and are named after pattern not after what TV uses.

1 Like

What’s the big deal? Just switch Mask Layouts and see which gives proper triads. In CRT-Guest-Advance/NTSC, there are only 2 so how hard is it to switch between one or the other?

If both look weird then unfortunately you have some bigger problems.

If using Sony Megatron there are 3 Display’s Subpixel Layout settings, 0 and 2 are RGB and BGR respectively. 1 is meant for LG OLED TVs.

Setting the wrong layout is going to result either in Magenta Green phosphors or unevenly sized or misaligned phosphors where there should be either be Red-Green-Blue, Blue-Green-Red or Red-Blue-Green evenly sized and spaced triads.

1 Like