ISO to BIN + CUE: Yes - but it does not recognize

Hello everybody

I really need your help or tips.

I try to get downloaded ISO ROMs for PSX running in Lakka, but it does not work.

It’s specifically about “Silent Hill 4 - The Room (Europe) (En, Fr, De, Es, It).iso” and “Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas (Europe)” (En, Fr, De, Es, It) (v2.01).iso".

Nice to FAQ of this page I have created the BIN and CUE file. Lakka does not recognize the games. They do not start: https://github.com/recalbox/recalbox-os/wiki/Konvertiere-iso---cue---track-wav---bin-zu-bin---cue-(DE)

Furthermore, I’ve already tried the following steps - over hours, with reboots, etc.:

In Windows 10 with double-click on ISO, it is automatically mounted. With ImgBurn then “Create image file from disc” and the BIN is created. And then I created CUE manually. And it does not work. I have also taken the CUE from an existing CUE file and edited it and it does not work.

AnyBurn automatically creates BIN and CUE from ISO and it does not work.

I also searched for CUE files on Redump.org for these games and also did not find them.

I also shortened the filenames to “Silent Hill.bin”, etc. before converting and it does not work either.

Why does not it work?? Why is it always so tricky to convert ISO files to BIN + CUE??

Any other ways or alternatives?

In what ways can CDmage help in this case?

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

It’s usually better to get bin/cue files from the get-go rather than converting from ISO.

This isn’t what you asked, specifically, but have you successfully run any games? If not, it may not be the format that’s causing your problems.

1 Like

I assume that the question was factually and well-meant: Yes, of course. All NES, SNES, N64 and various PS1 games with already existing BIN + CUE. But I never dit it to get ISO to BIN + CUE to work.

Yeah, I didn’t mean anything by it. Most problems are related to BIOS, so I wanted to make sure you weren’t barking up the wrong tree.

You could try making a cue sheet for your ISOs by hand. It doesn’t work all the time, but I’ve had reasonable success with it. Just make a text file with these 3 lines in it:

FILE whatever.iso BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

Replace “whatever.iso” with your ISO file name, case-sensitive.

what? Ps2 games in a ps1 emulator? How nobody noticed that?

oh lol good catch. Yeah, those aren’t going to work

I am very sorry about that. I did not know that. PS2 does not run on Lakka? When will an emulator be installed? This topic is 3 years old: http://forums.libretro.com/t/ps2-emulation-on-lakkatv

A good alternative? I put specially Lakka on a computer, bought long USB cables to play games with different controllers in the living room on the TV - with friends.

Adding a PS2 emulator is a pretty big deal and there’s no plan to do so at the moment.