ISP Blocking Netplay Port. Alternatives?

Since 3 days ago, my ISP seems to be blocking port 55435, which makes netplay on RetroArch impossible. My settings are still the same on my modem: DMZ for my ip, and port 55435 is forwarded already. No matter what I do, the port is still blocked. Is there an alternative method to have netplay on RetroArch? Any help will be much appreciated.

EDIT: After trying so many things, what did the trick was LogMeInHAMACHI, version 2.0.385 (the latest one doesn’t work AT ALL for some reason). It works perfectly and with zero drops in speed, just like before.

You can change the port to whatever you want. 55435 is just the default.

Thank you very much for the reply. I forgot to mention that I tried several other ports, but it’s not working either. It would be nice if there is any known port that will always work, or a way to bypass this requirement. Thank you in advance.

You’ll have to run some sort of port scan that can check what ports your ISP has blocked, or simply ask them directly. Without knowing what ports are available, we can’t recommend a port to use. Maybe try one below 32767, since it’s possible your ISP blocks high ports for whatever reason.

You can use http://canyouseeme.org to check whether your RetroArch server can be seen using the port it’s running on so you don’t have to bug someone else until you know it works.

I tried that already, and no luck… Seems like my ISP is blocking every port. Is there any way to bypass the port requirement?

are you sure it’s blocking? maybe you’re just not forwarding it correctly.

Yes, I’m sure…

…and the reason for being sure, is that I had problems with netplay at the beginning, it wasn’t working at all, until I forwarded the port 55435, which is still forwarded at the moment… The other ports that I tried to forward, were just desperate tries to see if I could find any open one… But no luck, it’s just not working anymore. I tried setting up a static ip address, but everything was still blocked, I’m currently on DHCP because it gives me faster speeds (It doesn’t make any sense, I know), but my IP is still the same. It just doesn’t work, it used to, until all of a sudden it didn’t.

After trying several things, like proxies, vpn and every possible option in the modem, I found this tunneling/peer2peer fantastic piece of software called LogMeInHAMACHI, version 2.0.385 (the latest one doesn’t work AT ALL for some reason), I installed on both computers and FINALLY!!! I can netplay on RetroArch once again, as fast as before, as if nothing happened. So, in case someone else has the same problem and needs to bypass blocked ports by ISP, this is the answer.