Issue getting Gamesir3 Setup

Hello I have been trying to configure my gamesir3 gamepad but i cant get it working when i enter retroarch is says gamesir not configured so i go into settings, input then input user 1 binds anytime i change user 1 device index from fire tv remote to anything else it freezes and cant go any further and trying to manually set bind dosnt work. Could anyone guide me through setting this up?

Thanks

Don’t change the device index yet. Go to ‘bind all’ (or an individual button bind) and try to bind it to your gamepad. If it works, rinse/repeat and then save the autoconfig profile so you can use it whenever you plug the controller in. Once everything is bound and the autoconfig is saved, quit RetroArch and relaunch and see if it says your pad is configured. If so, now you should be able to change the device index and still do stuff.

I have attempted those steps however it wont recognise any presses on the gamepad at all and keeps saying not configured on entering retroarch

Have you tried the option #2 (the one that uses external tools to get the keycodes, etc.) from this post? https://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3550&p=25902&viewfull=1#post25902

no my gamepad is a bluetooth one

You should still be able to go through most of the steps with a bluetooth pad.

ok i will give it a go