Issue with arrows in RetroArch

Hello all,

I am new to using RetroArch and trying to work with it.

When I start it up and use the arrow keys it jumps to up and down many selections. It’s like the sensitivity is to high. Is there something I need to change to fix this?

that usually means vsync is disabled, either from toggling it off with spacebar (the default binding) or because of a problem with your GPU driver or driver control panel.

Well vsync on or off same issue. As for video card running crossfire 7970 with newest ATI Catalyst drivers.

That still points to a vsync issue, but if you go to settings > frame throttle and then enable ‘limit maximum run speed’ and set it to 1x it should slow it down again.

FAKEDIT: do you have a high-refresh monitor, by chance? The menu matches to your refresh rate, so that could be affecting things.

[QUOTE=hunterk;27140]That still points to a vsync issue, but if you go to settings > frame throttle and then enable ‘limit maximum run speed’ and set it to 1x it should slow it down again.

FAKEDIT: do you have a high-refresh monitor, by chance? The menu matches to your refresh rate, so that could be affecting things.[/QUOTE]

I have 60hz. It shows refresh rate 60hz The Estimated Monitor Framerate is 1045.00hz not sure what that is. Frame Throttle I don’t see.

VSync is broken on your system, might be your driver, your OS or some third party tool like RadeonPro

The frame throttle option made it so it works. I can move though menus fine now.