Issue with input auto detection and downloading

Hi!

I have a big issue of input auto detection on retroarch and my Bluetooth gamepad ipega 9023. Every time I try going in the menu (in game or before that) it autodetect a “Nvidia Corporation controller” that doesn’t exist, switch it in the first input, and then makes my gamepad not usable as the first gamepad… I tried on my 3 android devices (nexus 4, nexus 7, teclast x98 air), on different android OSes, and it always does the same. I used the ipega 9023 on countless emulators and games, that is the first time I have an issue with it. I also tried disabling the auto detection option, and change other options, but it has no effects.

It is extremely annoying and makes the emulator unusable for me… Especially with the new menu which is a pain to use with the touchscreen.

The second problem is with my 2 tablets in WiFi, and also with my phone when it’s in 3g mode. When I try downloading an update or core, it shows that it starts downloading, then stops. Sometimes it starts downloading after few minutes, but most of the time it doesn’t. It even mess up the emulator sometime when I try to push the back button ( menu disappearing, emulator crashing…), I have to restart it manually. On my phone on WiFi it works. On my two tablets, with the same WiFi, it doesn’t work (every other programs like internet browsers are working perfectly).

If anyone have any idea to solve those problems, I would really be thankful :smiley:

Update to a newer nightly, that issue in the play store version has been fixed already (the input issue) About the updater yeah it needs a good connection and it has some issues when the connection is unstable.

I tried the last nightly, it did the same issue + retroarch force close most of the time I tried to download anything. I tried to revert to the play store version after uninstalling the nightly, but now it just force close when I try to launch it… Even after cleaning the files on my android device… I think I will just give up and wait for a proper version if any comes out.

I was wondering, is there a way to download manually all the updates zip files on pc and copy them somewhere in the android device? Because now even on wifi the online updater doesn’t work, on any of my devices…

Edit: By the way I realized what is this “Nvidia Corporation Controller”. It is detected when I use the android softkeys!! Like return, home and tasks… It does the same on all my devices… It’s unbelievable, since when are softkeys seen as input? I mean it is softkeys, not real buttons…

Some android controllers emulate softkeys, that’s a perfectly valid reason. The issue you report doesn’t hapen on my Nexus 5 or 7 on the nightlies so I can’t fix it

I see, I will try not to use the softkey then, and map a gamepad button to return in the menu from the game. Sorry for the misunderstanding :slight_smile: Also the crash problem happened only after installing the nightly and failing some download, and is still there even after a clean reinstall of the market version or other nightlies. It happens on my Nexus 4 with CyanogenMod 12.1 and on my teclast tablet with normal 5.0.0 android, but not on my Nexus 7 since I didn’t install any nightly version. I have been searching for files that could remain in my system folders and sd card after uninstallation, but I couldn’t find much. All my devices are rooted, and I have a good enough knowledge on android, is there a way to download the update packages on windows somewhere and inject them in the retroarch installation folder in android? I don’t know if it’s planned or not, but I think it would be a good option to let people load the packages from the sd card, in case they don’t have internet on their devices. Except if it requires too many changes and work of course :stuck_out_tongue:

The updater problem is a problem with the server (actually with cloudfare), should be fixed already. I just tried the latest nightly on an S4 and on a N5 and it’s working fine, and when you hit softbuttons it prints “virtual” instead of what you mentioned, I know it’s fixed because I introduced that bug in 1.2.2

yes it’s working now! I don’t know what you did but it fixed the problem. Thank you :smiley: