Issue with the new Xbox Wireless Controller using Bluetooth

So, got a new controller today, one of the new Xbox Series S/X Wireless controllers, and whenever I open Retroarch when connected to the controller via Bluetooth, Retroarch says it’s a “BLUETOOTH LE XINPUT Compatible Input device (1118/2835) not configured, using fallback” is there any fix to make Retroarch perceive it as it’s supposed to be, an Xbox One Controller? Or is this on Microsoft’s end somehow, and they messed up the drivers for the controller somehow? Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue and if there’s any fix.

Same issue here although it feels like this is on Microsoft’s end.

Microsoft itself did not make this controller work normally on Windows 10, you may need to wait for Windows 10 to update the driver.

If the controller is recognised and input is possible it should help to configure the inputs manually and then save the Port 1 Controlls (port number #1 is probably considered). It’s under "Settings / Input / Port1 Controlls when navigating the RA menus. The controller profile should be saved when finished with mapping.

Wanted to include that I’m have the exact same issue when using the Xbox One S/X controller. I have the most recent update/firmware from the Xbox Accessory app. When I use a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter Retroarch sees it as a proper Xbox One controller. With Bluetooth, Retroarch gets the “BLUETOOTH LE XINPUT Compatible Input device (1118/2835) not configured, using fallback”.

I’m encountering the same problem. This issue prevents me from having more than four controllers connected simultaneously. I have three old style and two new. The three old style Xbox controllers connect fine, recognized as Xbox controllers. When those three are connected, however, only one new controller (recognized as “Bluetooth LE XINPUT”) can connect with them on Retroarch. The second new controller gets disconnected. This prevents me playing X-Men (6p) using all the controllers.

I’ve tried updating the new controllers, but that has not solved the problem.

OK, disregard my earlier post. I just learned that there’s a limit to connecting Xbox controllers via Bluetooth. That may be the cause of the fifth controller’s disconnection. The only way to reliably connect that many controllers is through the Xbox wireless adapter. That may be an alternate solution to the recognition issue as well. I’ll test and report back.

I have the same controller and I do get the same error. I have just been ignoring it and that has been working, The controller seems to still be working just fine, auto config files for the cores seem to be working good. That error is just annoying because I see it everytime I connect via bluetooth. Connect through usb and you do not get that error. Besides wired is better then non for gaming anyway

You can disable this in Settings, On-Screen Display, On-Screen Notifications, Notification Visibility, Input (Autoconfig) Connection Notifications.

I’ve been seeing the fallback message lately, which is odd since I have autoconfig disabled.

I tend to disagree. If this was a Microsoft issue you would be noticing it running other games, other emulators. I have not. Only Time I get the error is using bluetooth When using Retroarch. I have Several stand a lone emulators I, steam games etc.I use bluetooth with all get no error. This is a Retroarch bug. Just ignore it. This controller still works just as good with Retroarch as it’s predecessor is still doing.