Issues running retroarch via steamlink

Hey so I was able to get all my games / cores running on my desktop (using windows 10) in steam, using ice to set up the short cuts and such.

When I try to play them via my steam link however my xbox 360 controller becomes unresponsive, my TV screen goes black but audio still comes out of the TV & the game appears on my PC monitor.

Has anyone come across this issue before & know of a fix?

Found this. If that’s not it:

I don’t have a Steam Link, but my first thought is that OpenGL might be an issue, since most games use DirectX (it’s supposed to compatible, but it might be buggy or something) and because the audio works. You could try having RA use d3d as the video driver, to see if that makes a difference. You have to switch to the RGUI menu driver iirc.

Does this problem only happen when you load a game, or does it apply to the menu as well?

Have you tried connecting your monitor to the Steam Link? Just in case the TV isn’t happy with the signal for some reason.

It might also be streaming the command prompt (or trying to) instead of the normal window. Not so sure about that though. Try DeSmuMe; the post from earlier got a white rectangle instead of a black screen with that core.

Hopefully some of this is helpful.

Damn, that’s really disappointing. All I’ve got left is the boilerplate: post a log and try the latest nightly. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come by, but I’m out of ideas. Good luck man!

Temporary Solution for black screen with sound and no TV picture

• Start Retroarch through Steam Link (still GL)
  • Go to PC switch the video driver to D3D and close Retroarch
  • Start Retroarch again and switch back to GL and close Retroarch
  • Start Retroarch again and there is TV picture

I don’t understand how this is possible though. It actually is quite ridiculous.

Solution today 22.04.2017 is uninstalling nvidia driver from device manager and let OS roll back to default driver.

This worked for me twice.

System: Windows 10 creators update Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti.