Issues with 1.2

I’m having a few issues with the new 1.2 release. I have noticed a dive in preformance in Knuckles Chaotix for the 32X on the Picodrive core and it was running much smoother on the previous release. The app also crashes whenever I exit back to the gui after loading content so I can’t change core settings. I would welcome any helpful advice with these problems.

Hmm. Dunno what would cause a performance dive. AFAIK, nothing much has happened to the picodrive core since the previous release.

When you say it’s crashing when you exit back, do you mean the in-game menu is crashing? or are you trying to go all the way back to the Android-native menu? Either way, could you get us a logcat of the crash?

I’m having the same issues with the quick menu on my Nvidia Shield.

The start button used to be the default quick menu bind.

Now it appears to be bound to back, however when pressed after a core is loaded it either doesn’t open the menu, and if it does the app crashes.

I also tried to manually bind menu to a different button, however the problem persisted.

It isn’t the in game menu that is crashing,it crashes when I try to go back to the menu where all of the settings and such are now. How do I get a logcat? (Sorry for my lack of knowledge,I’m a bit of a noob)

you’ll need a logcat program. There are plenty of free ones. I have had good luck with .logcat (dot-logcat).

After a restart all of the problems have disappeared…somehow. I’m not sure what happened but it no longer crashes, Pico drive preformance is great, and I can enjoy all of the new features. Apologies for bothering you and keep up the great work?

/shrug, whatever works. Glad you got it going :slight_smile: