Hello - I struggled to get the Jetson Nano up and running so I thought I would share a current set of links/info for those interested in using RA on Nano.
tl;dr: so far due to lack of community and closed up packaging from NVidia, if you have an RPi you’re better off just sticking to it. But yes, it runs Doom.
You will need to start with a ethernet connection + have a keyboard/mouse (I use a cheap Rii plastic handheld keyboard/mousepad combo thing). Also you may find that the audio through HDMI is NOT the default, this needs to be switched manually from the audio devices in the Ubuntu config.
Getting wifi/bluetooth dongle driver going:
- as recommended I went with the Edimax brand but although not tagged as officially supported, went with the 2-in-1 wifi+BT version EW-7611ULB
- best link to get it up and running: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2398387 following the reply from boundule starting with “My problem was solved by Following way”
- after that you should have wifi + BT going
- XBox 360 wireless controller
- what tended to happen was that the controller would pair ok according to Ubuntu but the home button would still be flashing
- after installing xboxdrv (not sure if necessary in hindsight), follow https://askubuntu.com/questions/998144/how-can-i-use-my-xbox-one-s-controller-via-bluetooth
- the disabling of ERTM seems to be the key here, after restating the controller can be made to pair OK
- RA software
- used the Ubuntu PPA [X]
- the XBox controller settings were really off, so what I had to do was:
- set unified controls in the config
- turn controller off! and start RA
- then navigate to the binding of player 1
- turn on controller and enter binding
At this point RA is usable with better experience with vsync off. Honestly with the NVidia GPU I was expecting a better performance vs a Raspberry Pi, but it’s not been significantly better (I know CPU is roughly equivalent and CPU is used by most cores… but still).
[X] my current issue is here: as per docs because I used the PPA then the online updater is disabled… the number of cores is actually quite limited (main one missing = PPSSPP), so that’s a bit frustrating. I will double check that I updated the repository though (and maybe use the testing one).