Joyconfig Retroarch Windows

Hello I am not sure if there is a post somewhere else that can help but I need some help.

Problem = I Cant get Joyconfig to pass through config to Emulators .I am able to launch RetroArch and load content and the roms launch successfully. But I am not able to get my Controller to work with it at all… I can see that there is the joyconfig.exe in the main directory of RetroArch and I have ran it and it picks up my controller and I am able to map the buttons. The problem is that it never passes through when I launch a game.

I also there is another directory = “C:\RetroArch\SystemFiles\autoconfig” Inside there is a README.txt that says the following

Put joypad autoconfigs here, e.g. retroarch-joyconfig.exe -a autoconfig/yourpad.cfg.

I am not sure what config file is supposed to go here. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE HELP!!!

I download the latest packages from here = http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/Windows/

Here is my controller = http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Twelve-Button-Game-Controller-USB-GAMEPAD/dp/B00AEWTSWU

if you open a command window and type the command, ‘retroarch-joyconfig.exe -a autoconfig/yourpad.cfg’ (use whatever your pad is reported as in the input settings) and then map your buttons, it should start recognizing your pad and applying the mapping.

If not, take the mapping info from the cfg file it creates and just put it into your retroarch.cfg manually.

Thank Hunterk!! ?That worked! Now i just need to start to fine tune my cores.

Hunterk

That did work for a single controller. Thanks again. Any tips on getting two controllers to map across all cores. Can I do this in the same way that I did the first controller with the Joyconfig.exe or dose it need to be done in the core settings.

I am able to get a single controller to map just not two at a time for two players

Still a little green at this. Once again I appreciate any help.

It should work the same way, you’ll just need to go into RetroArch’s input settings and set the second player to use that other controller and it should be autoconfigured once it’s picked.