Joypad button combinations

Is it possible to bind button combinations in RetroArch? I’m using an SNES controller on a system with no keyboard/mouse so I don’t have any spare buttons to bind the exit action to and a button combo is the only solution I can think of.

There’s a hotkey bind that you can set through your retroarch.cfg but not through the in-game RGUI menu. AFAIK, it works like a keyboard’s shift key, so you can set, for example, select as your hotkey, then hotkey+L to exit, etc.

Anything new on that front ? Im using an SNES controller (so no free button), and Id like to map a button combo (or axis+button) to toggle the RA menu (possibly, pressing all 4 abxy buttons at once to get to the menu would be nice).

Thank you

edit 1 : okay found out : input_menu_toggle_btn = “0+1+3+4”

edit 2 : its broken, when the above line is active, other buttons do weird actions, A brings up the menu as well, X brings up the “search” function :frowning:

Right, that doesn’t work.

[QUOTE=geoslake;34569]Anything new on that front ? Im using an SNES controller (so no free button), and Id like to map a button combo (or axis+button) to toggle the RA menu (possibly, pressing all 4 abxy buttons at once to get to the menu would be nice).

Thank you

edit 1 : okay found out : input_menu_toggle_btn = “0+1+3+4”

edit 2 : its broken, when the above line is active, other buttons do weird actions, A brings up the menu as well, X brings up the “search” function :([/QUOTE]

They’ve had that functionality for awhile now, at least since version 1.2. I believe it’s under input settings. You can change bringing up the menu to a pre-defined button combo. The one you want is like Down + Y + R1 + L1.

Oh yeah, I always forget about the hardcoded menu combo(s).