Joysticks stopped working after upgrading to 1.7.7

Hi all,

I’m new to this, so please bear with me if I’m missing something obvious. I’ve been using 1.7.6 for a couple of weeks and after some tweaking got it to work in my arcade cab running Windows 7 Ultimate and 2 Ultimarc Ultrastik 360. Unfortunately after upgrading to RA 1.7.7 joysticks are no longer working in the menu or MAME games. I get the pop up notification at start, first it was something about not being configured but then changed to being configured (sorry I couldn’t get the exact wording). I can bind buttons, and they’re recognised correctly, however the stick itself doesn’t seem to do anything as I can’t move through the menu at all.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Bruno

So, you’re not able to bind the joystick? just the buttons?

The buttons are connected to the joystick in the Ultrastik, so it’s part of the same device, is only the stick that doesn’t respond at all. BTW, joysticks still works fine when I load RA 1.7.6.

Are both installations using the same joypad driver in settings > driver? And are both installations recognizing the stick as the same thing (i.e., are they using the same autoconfig profile)?

Yes, same driver for both versions: x-input I think it was. I’m not entirely sure about the autoconfig profile or how to check it but I’ll have a look tomorrow. I did a file comparison between both versions of the retroarch.cfg file and they were the same (besides some new entries in the newer version).

BTW, thanks for your help!

Didn’t get much time to have a look at this on the weekend but managed to get it to work. RA was loading the same autoconfig profile for the joysticks, but the files were different. Replacing the new one with the working one in 1.7.6 did the trick.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to remap controls - MC-Cthulhu