Jump between Xbox/xarcade for controls?

I am finishingb my cabinet

I have configured rerroarch in Hyperspin and manually changed the retroarch config to use with my xarcade tankstick.

Now for more detailed controller emulators such as n64/dream cast/ etc that uses those sticks for controls, can I use the Xbox controllers instead JUST for those systems and keep using my already configured xarcade for my nes/sega/ systems??

Everything is running good now but the n64 and other systems that utilize the analog sticks do not work well without the proper controller.

Hoping someone can help out. I’m looking at buying dual wireless Xbox controllers

yes, that should work. When you plug them in, they should* autoconfigure and steal focus from the x-arcade stick(s), then give it back when they’re unplugged.

*note: should. I haven’t tested this myself. It would be wise to make a backup of your known-good config first, just in case.

Yup I’ve tucked it away. I’ll leave a copy where it needs to be.

You think it will over ride it when I turn the controllers on? But does retro arch have default controls for the Xbox 360 or do those need to be setup.

I’ve read retro arch by default looks for Xbox 360 controllers?

RetroArch looks for and autoconfigures a lot of gamepads, actually. You just need to make sure you have the autoconfig profiles, which can be fetched from the online updater.