JXD S7800B tablet would appear to suck

Hi,

I finally got one of these out of curiosity, having seen a fair few reviews and blogs from avid retro gamers singing its praises. My hopes weren’t high; every Android device that looked good for emulators ended up being fundamentally flawed in some way (I’m looking at you Mr. Xperia Play) and this is no exception. Basically the screen in my device runs at ~66 Hz according to RetroArch, so choppy video all the way for me. I don’t really want to play Sonic at 110% speed with audio underruns either.

There are people describing their experience as perfect, but I’m not sure whether I believe them or not. Maybe they’re playing N64 games and don’t notice. Does anyone else have this device and see the same problem with vsync? If I had seen a single post from another user about the refresh rate being 66 Hz I wouldn’t have bought one in the first place. Your mileage may vary but so far this is looking like a bad purchase.

Cheers.

I own this device and have no complaints about poor performance in emulators. 66 Hz issue has been fixed alreary http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-device … ification/

Thanks for the reply. I have since applied Lujji’s kernel patch and all is well; 60 Hz with perfect vsync. I do have another issue now though.

On some (but not all!) cores - Genesis Plus GX and PCSX-ReARMed are affected - it is near impossible to press the two buttons together so that they register at the same time. For example, you can’t do a spinning technique in the Genesis / Megadrive version of Golden Axe. It works in the arcade version though as the MAME cores don’t have this problem. It’s a weird one but does your device do the same?

I’m running the current version in Google Play store but maybe I should try one of the nightly builds…