Keyboard And 360 controller for same player possible?

First of all: thank you for retroarch! I am just getting started with it, and though the inital learning curve is pretty steep, the results are awesome!

I am running into a bit of an issue though: I am setting up retroarch to run on my diy arcade cabinet, which has a control panel with joysticks and buttons mapped to a keyboard encoder. So, for example: player one joystick maps to buttons Up, Down, Left, Right. The buttons are mapped to letters on the keyboard as well.

In addition I use a wireless 360 controller for the same player.

I cannot seem to setup retroarch to accept both, is that correct? When I set the input options to “retropad” and bind all the buttons for player 1 on the 360 controller, then where do I set that I also want to use the control panel and map those buttons as well?

Hope I was able to explain this well enough so someone can help me in the direction of a solution.

Jaron

Yeah, there’s no support for multiple binds of the same key in a single cfg. You can make another cfg that you load up for systems where you want to use the pad, though.

By default the keyboard is active while playing with x360 controller. The arrowkeys for movement and z, x etc for (a) and (b)

Or is there anything i am missing? :rolleyes: