Keyboard as players 1 & 2, gamepads as 3 & 4?

At the moment I have two 8bitdo gamepads working with the autoconfig files. This works fine if I am just using the controllers but if I want to use the Keyboard as a third controller the keyboard and 1st gamepad share the same player. I.E. if I move left with either the controller or keyboard the same character will move to the left.

Is there any way I can set up the following?

Player 1 - Mapped to keyboard controls Player 2 - Mapped to alternative keyboard controls Player 3 & 4 - Auto config picks up the controller and assigns it to either player 3 or 4 depending on whether its the first or second controller

Did you ever get a solution for this? I think for your player 3 & 4, you just need to point the config to control joypad indexes 0 & 1 respectively for players 3 & 4. i.e. this:

input_player3_joypad_index = “0” … input_player4_joypad_index = “1”

I believe this will work from the retroarch.cfg or in retroarch’s GUI.

I cannot test this to be completely certain as I am having trouble with my controls which is similar to what you want. I am unable to use the keyboard for Player 2. It seems to be configured correctly, but it just seems to be ignored. Are you able to use the keyboard for Player 2?