Killer Instinct fails to load after build 1.30 stable

Hi all, Having real issues getting this to load on the newer builds. On Version 1.30 stable all is fine, and it loads with the Mame 2015 core. However with the newer 1.50 stable won’t load at all and just crashes Retroarch. Have tried all MAMe cores and no dice. I even tried to add the Mame 2015 core to the 1.50 stable, but I can’t force the content to load that core. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

You probably just need a new version of the ROM. MAME changes its ROMset with every version and it’s a crapshoot whether or not a game from another set will work or not.

I have the same problem. There is nothing wrong with the rom/chd. I tried it and it works in both MAME 0.168 and MAME 0.182 standalones.

It was working before in RetroArch so there must be something wrong with the recent versions of the program.

Edit: just to be sure, i replaced the chd with the latest version. Still, same issue.

Bump:

I found the solution.

The CHDs need to be in separate folders in the ROM dir to work with RA. Structure should be like this:

Roms/kinst/kinst.chd. In the Roms folder there should be the kinst.7z rom as well.

1 Like

Gema sadly your solution isn’t working for me :o/

EDIT: oh wait, it actually does! This is weird but all my MAME ROMs crash in mame_libretro but work absolutely fine in mame2014_libretro EXCEPT KI1 and 2, which both crash in mame2014 but work fine in mame_libretro, so long as the CHDs are present in their own folders as per GemH’s advice above.

So weird!

Doesn’t work for me either sadly :frowning: