Killer instinct on mame android 0.192 on shield tv

Hi, is someone arrives to run killer instinct at full speed on shield tv on the last version of mame 0.192 ? I can load it but it s too slow. I have the right romset and chd 0.192. Thanks for your answers Regards

No, I’m pretty sure the Shield just doesn’t have the CPU grunt for it. It’s close (around 45 fps, IIRC) with MAME2003, and current MAME is typically slower than that version.

Ok I see thanks And sorry to hijack the post but is nfl blitz CHD works on your shield ? Mine doesn’t load

I haven’t tried it, but I think I’ve heard it has issues with MAME2003. Dunno about current MAME.

Ok thanks i think I will giveup with CHD Regards

I try to run Mame 2003, and when I load a game it always stays on black screen, I change the version of core 2003 mame and the error continues, the other colors of the mame run normal.

Are you running your games off an external removable hard drive? If so try loading the game with all of your files (game, chd, retroarch files) in a folder called “NVIDIA_SHIELD” that’s located in the root of your external drive and if it’s not there then create one. I talked about this in another thread but that folder is the only place on an external hard drive where it has write access. Not sure if mame writes anything with those chd files but I couldn’t get any pc-98 games to load until I put them and the bios files all in that folder. Maybe you can try that and see what it does for you. I ended up moving my whole Retroarch folder there afterwards in case other cores need write access.

Interesting…i haven’t set up pc98 but ill look into it soon…too much projects currently to install other systems…wanna clean up my current build on android 1st b4 I move forward with other stuff

Yeah it’s so many cores and so little time especially combined with using Hyperspin lol. Once I moved files there, redirected my paths I actually got the pc 98 and x68000 cores to create proper cfg files for the first time after the first time the core was started, that never happened anywhere else on the drive. I been meaning to get around trying Amiga out, I’ve read over on the HS forums that games would not start on an external hard drive, I have a feeling they will if they’re put into that folder with it’s bios files and what not.

I have a quick x68000 setup that I need to audit but it works…pc98 I gotta look for wheels and artwork b4 I set it up…amiga is tricky…i recommend the standalone apk because u can use whdload which are the best types of games 2 use for amiga…u can also use iso for cdtv and cd32 with the same apk …the cfgs will be different but easy to do with a batch script

I’m actually working on a pc-98 wheel right now, got 744 games (mostly official releases and few doujin titles) with video snaps, box art, metadata all ready to go. No game wheel art tho cause I don’t know how to make those at the moment. I’m doing it in alphabetical order and so far I’m up to the middle of the letter H, hopefully I can get it done and put out there before the internet gets shut down lol