Lack of scaling and ratio control for Powkiddy V90 handheld

I recently got powkiddy V90 handheld and installed retroarch. I found there is no integral scale x2 options, also no ratio control. just on or off that functions. Is there any chance to improve this functions? This occur video filters look so ugly!

This is typically a limitation of the device’s GPU (or whatever passes for one). There is a 2x video filter (settings > video > filter [down at the bottom]) that usually helps quite a bit.

Is there any chance to get 1.5x filter set for V90? Because of it’s screen size, even 2x is bigger than scree of v90…

no, but you can use 2x and then bilinear back down to fit your screen. That should look as sharp as possible (I think).

1 Like

Miyoo devices (V90 etc.) don’t have GPU and operate on 320x240px displays, so most video filters will look oversized. The ones I can recomend are: Upscale_240x160 for GBA and Uspcale_256x320 for NES (for more accurate looks)

IIRC all dingux devices have disabled bilinear_filtering and core_provided_aspect_ratio from their frontend’s build code.

2 Likes

Thank you for confirmation. I don’t want off Integral scale because pixels looks so ugly, also want to get full screen but I think its impossible on V90… Also Is there any Video color filter for making game B&W or DMG look for every game? There is DMG filter for that but It looks so bad becaus of it’s grid…