Lakka vs Adroid + Retroarch: who performs better?

Hi guys,

I am trying to tuning my new board (Rock64) so I am wondering which OS performs better Retroarch; I mean, by yours opinions, which one is it better in terms of performance: Lakka or Android + Retroarch?

You can typically get better sync with lower audio latency in Linux vs Android, but if there are other things you want to do with Android, it’s come a long way in the past few years.

Thanks for your reply, I was just thinking that maybe android would had some tunings in the kernel that generally Linux distros do not apply.

If there is, it’s for the worse. The Nvidia Shield devices are the only ones I have any experience with that are on par with plain ol’ linux.

1 Like

It is in my thoughts… I am still thinking to buy it or the Odroid-XU4, indisputably buying a Rock64 was been a mistake, let see what I will be able to do with this board.

If the only thing you want to do with your board is retrogaming, go Lakka. As Hunterk said, you’ll get better performance and lower input lag with Linux + KMS than with Android.

1 Like