Latest Google Play update cleared my save data and save states?

Hello all. It’s been ages since I posted here.

I was curious if anybody else had experienced this issue, but my GPD XD recently updated Retroarch via the Google Play store to the latest stable release (1.7.4?). I had Retroarch running in the background before I had noticed this, so when I re-opened it I was still playing Donkey Kong Country 2 with the SNES9X 2010 core. When I was trying to make a save state for the game, Retroarch suddenly closed out of itself completely without any user input. Upon re-opening it and my DKC2 ROM, I noticed that the save state I had made wasn’t loading where I had left off, and my save file was completely gone (I guess meaning the SRAM was cleared as well). I tried checking two other games (The Simpsons: Road Rage and Crash: The Huge Adventure for the GBA), and my save states for those were gone too.

I assume my progress is a lost cause, but I’m posting here to see if anybody else experienced similar issues and might have a solution and to maybe bring this to the staff’s attention if this is a more wide-spread issue.