latest reotroarch 1.3.5 iOS on taig jail broken 8.4 iphone6plus HELP PS rom wontload

latest reotroarch 1.3.5 iOS on taig jail broken 8.4 iphone6plus HELP PS rom wontload trying to find out how to play psx games on the new retroarch version …crashes when i select a rom file (works fine for gameboy roms tho )

trying to play ff8…i got disc 1 the bin file…(also the zip). ive tried doing update cores for anything that says PSX or playstation…and tried using all 3 cores to load the bin or the zip…just crashes. I have been hearing that there is a strongly possbilitiy that i need a scph1001.bin or scph5501.bin. somewhere in the directory…using ifunbox an i tried putting these bin or bios files in var/mobile/documents (i have the games or roms in there too)…and then i saw somehwere that maybe i needed to put in the bios file in var/mobile/documents/RetroArch/system???

[I]any help would be greatly appreciated…the good thing is that i tried testing this new retroarch on a gameboy color rom…and it loads fun and the control overlays fit perfectly on the screen this time…tried googling around but no luck…doing a lot of trial and error here and any helping hand would be greatly appreicated.

[/I]

If you’re using PCSX-ReARMed, it has a built-in HLE BIOS that’s not great but it at least should avoid crashes from lack of BIOS. Your issue is most likely related to the dynarec. If you can change it from dynarec to interpreter (or cached interpreter, if it’s available) in the retroarch-core-options.cfg file, it may work better for you.

retroarch-core-options.cfg how would i edit that? or choose that? cuz im selectin the pcsx-rearmed interpreter Core…but yeah…still crashing… when i downgrade to 1.0.0.1.2 it runs the bin psx roms fine.

Can you try the older, working core with the newer RetroArch? That is, just copy the dylib from the old installation into the new one?

Ok this for sure will solve your problem. Install the latest retroArch from cydia make sure for iOS8 not iOS9. Run the app then close it. Download the file from the link below then unzip it. delete all the folders inside this directory (/var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch) make sure the folder is"RetroArch" , you might have an other folder called “.RetroArch” delete or ignore it. then grab the folder from the link you downloaded and unzipped and put them inside the the same directory (/var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch). Use Playstation (PCSX ReARMed) core for PS1. Finally Enjoy your games :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=MrSeven X;39701]Ok this for sure will solve your problem. Install the latest retroArch from cydia make sure for iOS8 not iOS9. Run the app then close it. Download the file from the link below then unzip it. delete all the folders inside this directory (/var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch) make sure the folder is"RetroArch" , you might have an other folder called “.RetroArch” delete or ignore it. then grab the folder from the link you downloaded and unzipped and put them inside the the same directory (/var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch). Use Playstation (PCSX ReARMed) core for PS1. Finally Enjoy your games :slight_smile:

I’m going to definitely get back to you on this. Thank you so much for all the help guys.

I will definitely hope this will help others who may have the same problem as Myself

For one reason or another, when loading some builds of RA, sometimes it won’t load unless there’s a working instance already installed on your phone. This method would replace the 1.3.4 version on Cydia, then manually reload the applicable assets/Cores you would want. IOS has been a lot of trial and error along the way, but as of 1.3.4, I think it runs pretty well now.

Ok, after more tests on iOS8.4(taig) I found out that playstation cores are the issue both interpreter and PCSX-ReARMed. All you need to do, download the link below and drop the cores inside cores folder (/var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch/cores)“DON’T DELETE OR REPLACE THE CORES FOLDER FOR OTHER CORES TO BE DOWNLOAD INTO IT”. The link will include 3 cores (PCSX-ReARMed, PCSX-ReARMed-interpreter and N64). Since I can’t see the N64 inside core updater, so i uploaded it with playstation cores. Forget my first solution and follow this.

[QUOTE=MrSeven X;39769]Ok, after more tests on iOS8.4(taig) I found out that playstation cores are the issue both interpreter and PCSX-ReARMed. All you need to do, download the link below and drop the cores inside cores folder (/var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch/cores)“DON’T DELETE OR REPLACE THE CORES FOLDER FOR OTHER CORES TO BE DOWNLOAD INTO IT”. The link will include 3 cores (PCSX-ReARMed, PCSX-ReARMed-interpreter and N64). Since I can’t see the N64 inside core updater, so i uploaded it with playstation cores. Forget my first solution and follow this.

Omg i just happened to log on today after getting free time, and you sir, your solution worked. i knew it had to do with something about the psx core. cuz it was loading other roms just fine. thank you thank you thank you.

Im stuck on 8.4 cuz if i update…im afraid i will probably lose my jailbreak since the latest versions are taking a long while to be jailbroken. thank you THANK YOU!!!. what i did was i re-stainlled on cydia teh reotroarch GIT whatever…the non-ios9 vesrion…and then opened retroarch, loaded up a gameboy rom, then closed it…then i used iFunbox and dragged over those 2 cores to the core folder…and used the interpreter psx (2nd one). and bam it loads.

i guess if i maybe wouldve just updated my ios to 9…(and lose jailbreak for the time being) …maybe i wouldnt experience this problem. but again, thank you so much for helping me out guys. everyone. i will do my best to assist this community (even though i lack knowledge)

I’m glad to hear that you solved your problem. I suggest you not to use the interpreter psx cuz this core meant for non-jailbroken idevices or pangu jailbreak. Because they don’t support Playstation1 (PCSX ReARMed). Use Playstation1 (PCSX ReARMed), because it’s fast, low energy and runs all games.