Latest update - gamepad overlay disappears

I noticed this issue only in the last day so presume it is related to the July 16th update; I’m running RetroArch on a Samsung S7 Edge, and notice that if I open the menu (to say, perform a save state), then return back to the game, the gamepad overlay disappears, and nothing except backgrounding the app, then returning it to the foreground, will restore it.

P.

yeah, something’s up there, not sure what. We’re still looking into it.

I didn’t actually fix the problem but I think I worked around it. Give it a few hours and then update your overlays through the online updater.

It’s not the invader menu, it’s the overlay menu, which you get to by tapping the gear icon. I’m pretty sure the problem was related to it being the old overlay format, with one png covering the whole screen. Those were specified in the header with: overlayX_overlay = whatever.png.

Now, IIRC, the immerse overlay has that, too, but I don’t have any issues with it cycling through, so I suspect it has to do with mixing them together.

Tried this, but doesn’t fix it for me unfortunately.

hello, did you ever find a fix for this? I’m having this exact same issue with the old SNES gamepad overlay. I’d really prefer to use this than the current one, since the old version doesn’t have all the icons obstructing the middle of my screen. thank you