Launching SegaCD bin/cue from Command Line

Hey everyone,

I’m having issues launching SegaCD games from the command line. This particular issue is especially frustrating because I can actually launch the game from within the gui. However, when attempting from the command line I get the following error:

RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Frontend supports RGB565 - will use that instead of XRGB1555. RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Game Genie ROM should be located at: c:\retroarch\system\ggenie.bin RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Action Replay (Pro) ROM should be located at: c:\retroarch\system\areplay.bin RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Sonic & Knuckles (2 MB) ROM should be located at: c:\retroarch\system\sk.bin RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Sonic & Knuckles UPMEM (256 KB) ROM should be located at: c:\retroarch\system\s2k.bin RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Mega CD PAL BIOS should be located at: c:\retroarch\system\bios_CD_E.bin RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Sega CD NTSC-U BIOS should be located at: c:\retroarch\system\bios_CD_U.bin RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Mega CD NTSC-J BIOS should be located at: c:\retroarch\system\bios_CD_J.bin RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Mega CD PAL BRAM is located at: c:\retroarch\system\scd_E.brm RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Sega CD NTSC-U BRAM is located at: c:\retroarch\system\scd_U.brm RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Mega CD NTSC-J BRAM is located at: c:\retroarch\system\scd_J.brm RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Mega CD RAM CART is located at: c:\retroarch\system\cart.brm RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load game.

Looking at the log file, it would appear that there is an issue finding the BIOS file (but again, I’ve confirmed the BIOS is located in the system folder and the game launches fine from within the gui). I’m using the following command from a command prompt running as admin:

retroarch -L c:\retroarch\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll c:\ADV.bin

I’ve tried pointing to both the bin and the cue file. Inside the gui, retroarch doesn’t seem to care. I can launch PSX games using the same command format so maybe I’m missing something specific to the genesis plus core within my command?. I’m running RetroArch v1.0.0.2 and genesis plus gx v1.7.4

Thanks in advance for any input!

EDIT: I loaded a fresh install of RetroArch and attempted the command again, and this time for whatever reason an additional line appeared in the error output:

RetroArch: [ERROR] :: [libretro ERROR] :: Unable to open CD BIOS: c:\bios_CD_U.bin.

The default path for BIOS files in this particular version of RetroArch is the rom directory, so I updated the path to point to retroarch\system and was finally able to launch from the command line.

Glad you got it worked out, and thanks for posting your solution.