Libretro FFmpeg

The 64-bit build is working quite nicely. Thank you so much!

Works great for me as well, it’s amazing what scanlines can do to sharpen up terrible sd video, thanks Maister

Amazing! Thank you Maister

This is so great for lower quality content… even for 720p content on a 2560x1440p monitor, huge diference playing with shaders, etc…

Wish XBMC would have glsl shader support

Some screenshots of two of my favourite childhood cartoons

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5vsypt0xjfsajue/g7O3bo5nie

It’s always no shader, ntsc.cgp, 2xBG-3.7a

@AndresSM Those NTSC shots look really beautiful. It’s funny how it makes the lines seem so clean and the details really jump out :slight_smile:

yes, it’s the best so far IMHO after all it’s the way it was meant to be watched :smiley:

Added a few more of the NTSC shader alone, even with 2550x1880 content the looks are great (even if not required).

I should post this on XBMC’s forum to see if I motivate someone to implement the shader spec :stuck_out_tongue:

How I run this on windows, really want to play video files looking like this shaders on a led.

Is there any build prepared for windows

@jerrymh Yes, maister posted some builds in the previous page: http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?pid=5742#p5742

Thanks, but how to make shaders work on it, like ntsc.cgp?

@jerrymh There’s not much to it. Just download the shaders from the ‘common shaders’ repo (you can use the ‘Download ZIP’ button on the right-hand margin of the page to get them all at once), then, while the video is playing, hit F1 to bring up the RGUI menu, go to ‘Video Options’ (using the arrow keys and the ‘Z’ and ‘X’ keys for back/cancel and select/enter, respectively), then ‘Shader Options,’ then ‘Load Shader Preset,’ then navigate to ntsc.cgp. Hit ‘Apply Shader Changes’ at the top and you should be all set.

great , thank you so much. but nothing happends on hit F1 key, any idea?

I have dowloaded de exe version for windows, it have files ffplay, ffmpeg and ffprobe

update, OK downloaded the dll files from the maister buil, x86 an x64, then loaded on retroarch but no thing happends, the console window says, failed to load binary, error code 0xc1, and retroarch says no core loaded.

Anyone have a pre configured retroarch w/ffmpeg conre on it,?

Regards

I have a hopefully small request for this core. Would it be possible to drop the user back to RGUI instead of closing Retroarch after the video is finished? This core obviously has a very different media type than most, so I’m not sure if this would require extensive changes to Retroarch.

Either way, thanks for the great work with this core.

Ye, that’s a good point. Just added that.

Can it support srt subtitles? I’d like to see a simple play/pause/stop function as well. Something that would also be nice would be a resume function, for videos we stop watching and want to continue were we stopped later.

Amazing way of playing SD videos, mainly for 4:3 and similar aspects with a nice shader and overlay!

Sorry to necro this post but how do I enable interpolation?