Libretro thumbnail documentation Q

https://docs.libretro.com/guides/roms-playlists-thumbnails/

Individual thumbnail downloader: there is a Download Thumbnails option for each entry in playlists. For RetroArch versions later than 1.16.0, you may hit download up to 3 times to try the flexible matches.

I can’t find this. Is it in the playlist menu itself?

go to an entry in a playlist, click into it and on the menu with ‘run’ at the top, scroll down a bit and you’ll see “Download Thumbnails”. That’s what it’s referring to.

Huh. I don’t have that, actually.

Looks like this to me:

maybe try one that doesn’t already have thumbnails downloaded?

Ok so doing some experimenting. I think that download thumbnails item does not appear when the game failed a CRC check and there’s not database entry information (Chip n Dale did that for some reason).

I suppose the line “For RetroArch versions later than 1.16.0, you may hit download up to 3 times to try the flexible matches” means that to access a less rigid title match I’d have to upgrade to a nightly version?

yes, it was just added a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Ohhhh. I didn’t know it was that new! Ok thank you for adding it; that’s much appreciated.

1 Like

Check the Online Updater options. If the ‘On-Demand Thumbnail Downloads’ option is enabled, the option in the games disappears.

1 Like

That did it. Thank you.

1 Like