Light guns

i have a windows set up using crt emudriver going to a crt tv. i was wondering if there are any light guns compatible with this set up that are not aim traks. i have an aim trak and they are fucking horrible. i know that act labs has had their light guns discontinued around the same time that slikstik quit selling products (i also have a slikstik classic controller). but anyway, everyone always says one of the good things about having a crt is lightgun support, but i havent really seen that. any ideas?

No, the cores aren’t set up to handle actual light gun data. In the case of the Zapper, for example, it doesn’t send back location data, but rather “on” or “off” (this is why the screen flashes with a little square around the target(s)), so the core would need to be prepared for that sort of information.

ok thanks. so actual light guns are a non issue still.

Correct. Even on a CRT, it still needs to send the location x/y data.

The GunCon 2 or SuperScope send location data, so they could potentially be used more easily, but I don’t think either one have drivers. I know there was a guy who at least started work on getting the GunCon 2 working in linux, but I don’t think he ever completed/released anything.

must not be a high priority. no big deal tho. thanks for the input

It’s not that it’s not a priority, but reverse engineering a device and writing a device driver for it that can be merged into the linux kernel are big jobs lol

if you say so. thats all greek to me. haha