Lightgun, no ability to override?

I’m setting up Lightgun support on my Windows system using Wii-motes on the Dolphin-bar (Mode 2). I’ve got a light-gun attachment for the Wiimote that lets me use the Nunchuk as well.

I’ve got the following options set as my default controls.

• Gun Trigger = Right-Click (B on Wiimote)
  • Gun Reload = Left-Click (Z on Nunchuck)
  • Gun Start = Enter (+ on Wiimote)
  • Gun Select = Esc (- on Wiimote)
  • Gun Aux A = Spacebar
  • Gun Aux B = Ctrl
  • Gun Aux C = Alt

(Sadly the Dolphin-Bar doesn’t allow you to map 1 & 2 to anything, and you can’t remap what key’s it presses)

This has worked beautifully with NES, Genesis, Super Nintendo, 3DO, Saturn, and Dreamcast (at least so far). PlayStation however has been another story.

In particular I’m trying to play Time Crisis (Beetle_PSX_HW) and in this game, “Gun Reload” isn’t working right. I dug a little deeper and found out that “Gun Reload” is actually just:

"input_player1_gun_offscreen_shot" So that makes total sense.

Here’s the problem though; when you open Quick Menu > Controls and your controller is set to any light gun (on any core) you have no remap options at all. I even tried to manually add the following lines to my “Time Crisis.rmp” and it does change my controller to GunCon, but it does not remap the buttons.

input_libretro_device_p1 = "260"
input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = "0"

input_player1_gun_trigger_mbtn = "2"
input_player1_gun_offscreen_shot_mbtn = "nul"
input_player1_gun_aux_a = "nul"
input_player1_gun_aux_a_mbtn = "1"
input_player1_gun_aux_b = "space"

As it stands currently, I have to open the RA Menu > Settings > Input > Player 1, and remap my controls every.single.time I play the game.

I’m sure shooting offscreen is still pretty common to reload in light-gun games on PlayStation, so I don’t think a full on core-override will do the trick because then I’ll just have to change it for those games each time…

Anyone have any creative solutions? I’m not sure why remapping is disabled for lightguns :thinking:

Tried making Button A and Shoot Offscreen both be Nunchuk Z, because I was thinking “When would these overlap?”

Makes Judge Dredd unplayable because it pauses everytime you reload and then I gotta hit the keyboard to resume lol